Friday, April 14, 2023

Bruce Springsteen aka the Boss



I was at Bruce's concert in UBS Arena, Belmont Park, Long Island on the 11th of April 2023. I was the only Sri Lankan there representing the Sri Lanka Army Medics. It was a long dream come true. A four-hour Springsteen gig was wonderful with the  E Street Band. 




My first encounter with Bruce goes back many decades,  In 1984 when I was in grade 11, I bought his seventh studio album  Born in the U.S.A from Torana Music. Ever since I fell in love with Bruce's songs.  In 1987 I bought an elegant Bruce Springsteen T-shirt for  £8  from a store in Oxford Street -  West End of London. I still recall how we danced to his music at the Vinnitsa Medical University Ukraine. Once I had the honor of dancing with Larisa Filamonova when the DJ played "my home town". Indeed Bruce Springsteen has been our Boss for many years. - Ruwan Jay 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate your constructive and meaningful comments

Find Us On Facebook