Friday, January 26, 2024

Tribute to Mrs. Usula Wijesuriya ; My English Teacher



Mrs. Usula Wijesuriya was a great teacher. She made a profound impact on my life. I was a drifter and a mediocre student who disregarded each and every rule in the school. Numerous times I was punished by the sectional heads and reprimanded. I was a misguided cannon. Many students and teachers looked at me as a ruffian. When Mrs. Usula Wijesuriya came to our class as our English teacher. She spoke to my heart and gave me confidence. I started to believe in myself. She taught us English as well as life lessons. Gradually I reformed. But it took several years. Eventually I finished my medical degree and several psychology degrees and I am about to complete my PhD. I was so blessed to have her in my life. Today we need teachers like Mrs. Usula Wijesuriya to give guidance.  

Major Dr Ruwan M Jayatunge MD,  BA (Psych Canada),  MCP (USA) PhD ( in progress) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate your constructive and meaningful comments

Find Us On Facebook